Sunday, December 07, 2014

156-Another skyline

Driving around Atlanta I love the skyline - especially the night skyline.








As usual I ran out of room so had to draw another page. One day I will get it all on one page if I plan better. WHO am I kidding?!








I drew these while sitting in the parking lot at Sam Flaxs just off Peachtree Road at I 85. After sketching I took a reference photo and headed home.









It's colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Tombow pens. Drawn with my Lamy Safari in the Stillman and Birn Alpha sketchbook I had just bought. I was somewhat disappointed at the texture of the S&B after using the smooth smooth paper in a Moleskine sketch.

I do like that it's bright white. I had to burnish the colored pencil to get it to cover evenly. I rubbed it a lot w a wadded Kleenex.

I do wish it would lay flat like the moleskine. I had issues coloring in the gutter.
I have a pad of Stonehenge at home. Thinking of making a sketchbook from it. I know that Cheap Joes sells Stonehenge loose so I could make a book from it.

Stay tuned. You know I will have something to say about that paper!!

Ps I do love my Lamys and my Prismacolor pencils. They are dreamy!!!

Thanks for looking.


No comments: