Wednesday, July 09, 2008

another artfilled day


Early morning fog

EDM challenge .....the view out my window..

I have GOT to print out the numbers!!! and the list of the challenges!..this is the view out the back windows to the left...i think i was late to work the day i took these...sometimes the sunrise is so neat to heck with being on time!!!:> done with the wet on wet technique ...then trees were painted in after the background dried...the foreground was also done by painting into very wet paper...so it looks like bushes on the river bank...then i got really brave and spattered it..not that it shows...I DO love the foggy effect of this one...




a fabulous day to be on the river...weather was perfect...the company was great...i think half of my friends and one of the kids all paraded thru the door today.....

First i adviced Marsha B on how to do her quilt she was working on...aka answered her questions....then margaret and i got down to work painting...while kim once again went swimming...luckily she cleaned out the pool...frogs in the skimmer basket ewuuuweeeeee....I took this pic in the W NC mt when we were on our way home from Cherry picking...been meaning oto make a quilt of it...but instead i made a watercolor...the clouds were done with the wet on wet technique...so the sky was very runny...the arches 140 lb buckled like crazy so i had to put it out on the back porch to dry...once again i forgot to scratch in the trees till it was too late...BUT I do like the field in front of the barn...think it looks very fieldy...


anyway once i started drawing and painting i didnt stop...because if you arent happy with one
Version #2 W NC barn...well since i did not scratch in the trees and i thought the clouds got a little wild...and i wanted to make the barn BIGGER....i painted a fall version of the summer barn...really like the foreground field and I remembered to scratch the trees before they dried...what else...splattered it with ...i love to splatter been doing it for years...to splatter you knock a wet paint brush against a stick...be careful to cover up the area you dont want splattered...ask me how i know...look at the sky in the first one!

and then i decided to work on my grandmothers pic some more...shes coming along...really like the angel wing begonia in the upper right....baby's eyes have been spread out from the first post...what else...OH more brick....lots more brick still to do...and i have to haul the begonia in off the porch to see how to draw the is it a bract...cluster of flowers...interestingly enough my mother still has the begonia in this picture...its now more than 30 years old!

oh and did i say shes going to be in an art show??? the other margaret has a show at a gallery and she asked me to be in it today...we are doing themes of feminism vs feminist...as in how the feminist movement has effected women today...well alot of them time...all the images will be of women...

you do it again...and sometimes again....

13 comments:

Spinneretta said...

ooooh I like that theme! Sometimes I think *some* of the feminists threw out the baby with the bathwater!
I love the WC pictures AND the mother :)

Sharon said...

I like the atmospheric quality of the landscapes, and the colors. Beautiful!

Deb said...

Your art is lovely! I especially like "Early Morning Fog"!

Anonymous said...

Miranda from EDM: The landscapes are beautiful :)

Alan said...

To quote Kenny Rogers and the First Edition.....
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.....

Margaret Ann said...

Oooh that early mornignfog it awesome...love the coolness of your color choice! :)

kazumiwannabe said...

They're all great. My favourite is Early morning fog, so beautiful!

Alison said...

Fabulous early morning fog and the baby one will be great - how brave to make it so large.

Luba said...

Wonderful sketch and nice watercolors, too! Love the fog!

Sandy said...

Wow, you did have a productive day - Fabulous work - and the first foggy one should be framed!!

Cheryl said...

Great work, Margaret!! Really love the wet in wet background and the trees....has a wonderful mysterious and calming feel to it. And your paper beads are the neatest - I've never seen that.
I've always wanted to get into quilting as once upon a time I did alot of sewing too and really love "watercolor quilts"....but never had the patience for that kind of accuracy. And, now I don't dare take up another medium!
I see your information says you are aged 251!! My, you preserve well - certainly a feat in the heat of South Carolina / Georgia! heehee.
Thanks for the welcome to EDM!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Oh Margaret! Your ethereal foggy morning is just wonderful. I am really enjoying your summer!
Lisa

dogquilter said...

The fog one turned out great...i wasn't sure when you first started it. :)