Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 76 - Birds Contour drawing


Yesterday morning was so lovely and cool I opened all the doors and windows.  It was almost like being outside...the birds were having a great time at the feeder gobbling food.  I decided to try to do contour sketches of them in ink. I did about ten of them.  

Today I am going to share some of them with you...I will post the rest tomorrow...blogger is so slow its just IRRITATING me trying to upload the pics!!

Thanks for looking!!

Most were drawn with a regular permanent black ink pen on a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card stock.  I tried to look at the bird as I drew it...sort of a contour drawing...not always with the best results but usually interesting... 


I got bored waiting for more birds to show up and started coloring them with a variety of markers....usually in the picture with them...but not always!


The pigeons were colored with a variety of markers to get their color...mostly a gold copic and a grey pitt pen. The lettering was done with a pentel brush pen my favorite pen.


This was the last one I drew...a cardinal and a finch sitting on the rail.  
Just a few quick lines to give the impression of the bird's shape as they sat on the rail enjoying the morning air.


This one was done on the 20th...for some reason I wrote the wrong date. Maybe too much blogging???  Hard to color a female marker when you don't have the right color of green!! But I tried...Tombow markers!! With a touch of pitt pens...and a copic marker for the feeder.

No comments: