Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm Back!!

So you thought you would see lots of beach pics of Edisto right??? WRONG!!! Didnt take one...the camera sat in the bedroom...to satisfy you let me see if I can find one on this computer...oops no pictures on this computer of the beach...must be on the old one...darn...
This postcard is as beachy as I can get right now...I couched down scraps of batiks and other bright scraps for the weeds...the fish are from Terry Mangat whats her names fabric...fun stuff...for a postcard class I will be teaching at People Places and quilts in Summerville in August 27, I Think thats the day...FUN stuff...


Okay so what did I do at the beach??? Well I got a tan...and a sunburn...gained four pounds...too many crab cakes...read three books...not many for me...usually one a day...good ones though...one by Carl Hiaassen, Basket Case, and finished Robert McCammon's Speak the nightbird Vol 1 which is oddly enough about a witch in the lowcountry back in the colonial times...thanks Annie for the great reads... If you havent read Carl Hiaassen hes a hoot...full of wacky characters and going ons in Florida...Robert McCammons good too...gotta get to the half price book store to see if I can find the next book in the series...as in what happened to the witch!!

So what else did I do...did I take a machine??? NO!! Hate hauling it downstairs and then back up the stairs at the beach house but I took fabric, thread, yarn, beads, buttons and lots of needles...and this is what I did....

The shoe...well I seem to have a thing for doing shoes...thought I might also do a purse....this is a postcard...#1 of 2...#2 needs a back...sometime today right???




So this is a beach inspired crazy quilt purse I am working on...hopefully for a class at PPQ...people places and quilts in Summerville SC....

I
did the embroidery on the way to the Edisto Beach in the car and of course at the beach at night...



The first pic has the flap over the top and the other on the right is without the flap so you can see all those fun stitches I did...have to bead it and add some silk ribbon and boy does that girls hair need some help!!! and some
color in her face!!!

And some sea ctitters on it...some buttons...all the embellishment stuff....



Third pic is the back without much stitching yet...









































And the second purse...well it just goes to show that Amy Butler is not the only one who can use her fabrics in a purse..or should I say a BAG??!














This is the back of my bag with gypsy caravan fabric in it...no beading yet...but htere will be...I have discovered that if you are going to do all that embroidery it shoudl show up ...as in be darker or lighter than the fabric...but it will be fun anyway...also we need another face stamp...





These are amulet bags made with a pattern from Susan Edmonson....what is her website...sorry...cant remember...but I will find it...did I do them at the beach? No...but they were with the beach stuff so I thought they wanted to play online too...fun stuff...and quick....unless you get anal about the embroidery and beads...but whoooo would do that???:>

No comments: