Thursday, June 26, 2008

EDM summer challenge #176

The reason i think this is a summer challenge is that it was soo hot outside (96-101 not counting the humidity) that i sat inside the house at Margaret W's and drew her garden....gardens are Summer in the south...and she has a nice one...i used my view finder that i had cut the size of the moleskine page....no wait the SHAPE of the moleskine page...it was only 1 x1.5 inches or so ...i sited it out her window while i enjoyed the cool...then i spent the next FOUR hours drawing this picture

I know that seems incredible but time kind of folded in on itself...the first time i looked up it was 12:30...and then it was even later...four hours...i think its done what do you think? done in a large moleskine sketchbook with a series of 4-8B pencils...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - These pencil drawings are so striking and unique - nice - and nice garden - I'm lucky to enjoy the garden for 4 months - urban gardening here - brick pavers and Boston ivy.

Margaret Ann said...

Oh drats...another "Magnificent Margaret Adventure" I missed out on! LOL :) Beautiful...lots of detail here...Bet it was fun! :)

Anetka said...

great drawing, I especially like your lines! amazing:)

MaryO said...

This is wonderful, Margaret! I wish I could focus like that for four hours!!!!!!!!

Spinneretta said...

I think it's lovely! Looking at it (and your blog address;)) made me think of those garden quilts...

caseytoussaint said...

Awesome job, Maggie! I'm not surprised that it took that long to put in all that detail.

Kathleen said...

Love the verticle line technique-& thanks for the time reference -

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Your sketches are fabulous! I also love your beads and quilts! I wonder if we're in any Yahoo groups together besides EDM? :) Marva