Monday, September 19, 2005

Katrina quilts

Well I predict locally we will top 200 donated quilts...that I know off...and I am sure I dont know of them all....






Here are some of the more recent ones...I cal l the first one Flamingo...it was made of some blocks I did for a quilt swap that never quite materialized...I have a large collection of flamingo fabrics..next I will have some in the front yard..OH I know...the perfect touch for the river side....isnt that where flamingos would be??? On the river...

The flamingo quilt originally was 100" inches tall and 60" wide...so I took the top edges off and am going to add them to the sides...much better shape...80 x80...I mean who needs a very long skinny quilt...like that?







These need a quilter...anyone want to volunteer...they are even pinned...as quilt cat noticed...he had to check to see if I pinned them well enough!






Quilt cat making a mess...his speciality especially with tops...he has to get into the fabric for some free form fabric rolling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real nice aqua colors on that top quilt!
Love your amulet bags, too....what did you use in the handles? Wire?

Anonymous said...

Real nice aqua colors on that top quilt!
Love your amulet bags, too....what did you use in the handles? Wire?