Monday, May 14, 2007
what day is it anyway??? and a few of my seven secrets...
really having to think hard about those!!!
Dave tagged me yesterday and I have been thinking hard about these ever since but when you talk too much its hard to think of seven secrets from anyone?!
Seven things you dont know about me!!!
1. I have two masters degrees - an MEd and an MLIS.
2 One of my quilts Lady Nolly was compared to Gainsborough or Sir Joshua Reynolds by a real art critic in a review of a juried art quilt show I had entered along with many other stellar art quilters in the world...but MINE was the one the critic liked best:> hehe:>
3. I have more pages in the book The Creative Quilting, based on the Houston International Quilt festival journal quilts exhibits than anyone else in the world...if you count the two on the first few pages; I know my dh counted:>
4. I love to read murder mysteries(as long as they have good reviews in Publishers Weekly or the New york times-that MLIS means i am a liberry lady and must maintain some standards:>) and watch them on tv..especially the BBC murder mysteries...one of my favs is on tonite...Waking the dead about cold cases with that good looking brit whose name i cant remember...trevor something??> Maybe???? Trevor Eve....and then there is Campion and Midsommer Murders and Poirot and INspector Dalgleish and oh what is the name of the guy with the cool old Jaguar...Inspector Morse...so sad hes dead and there will be no more of these...you get the picture...i LOVE BBC murder mysteries...
5. Pocahontas was my great great great great great..hmm how many greats is it...well she was married to my grandfather and their child married into the Randolph of Virginia clan whose biggest claim to fame according to VA history book was that they intermarried with every famous family in VA...Washington(his wife), the Lees, and Jefferson(his wife) to name a few...but we arent any of those famous branches...we just bees Randolphs:> FFV First Families of Virigina:> which is evidently supposed to be important in social circles BUT well ....we call ourselves Irish and claim the johnny come lately Irish side of the family the McCarthys who had to swim the Saint Lawrence Seaway to get in from Canada..not the FFV side:> COurse the McCarthys are FFI famous families of ireland:> who built the blarney castle which is why i talk so much..its in the genes!!!
6. I took five years of french and almost that many of spanish and two years of latin but can barely make an intelligible sentence in any of them.
7. Between my dh and i we have seven kids..not counting 5 furkids...and no we dont have one together!
I dont think my tired brain can handle thinking of taggin someone else...and i need to update my blog with some edmers on it...didnt realize i didnt have many on it...soooo sorry....