Friday, February 11, 2011

How I updated the look of my blog - A Tutorial

People are asking me how I did this ...it took me five hours to get the blog where it is now...

To change the blog title...

  • The first thing you do is crop the art work you are going to use into a long narrow horizontal rectangle...save it under another name like i did ladynollycrop and save it where you know where it is...i put it on the desktop


this is the first crop....


  • Click on Design
  • Next i had to add the image think its in the title box. That's where you add the image. You can SHRINK to fit or not...I had to play with it...I finally chose shrink to fit...i also had to crop a wider image..first one was too narrow.


This is the second crop and the one i eventually used.

  • THEN i had to change the color of the font because it was the same color as the picture. Under Template Designer on the tool bar where you can chose add new posts
  • Advanced...you can change the font style and colors in the various sections of your blog..like the title, posts etc.
  • Background lets you change the background colors..there are tons to choose from
  • Columns - Template designer again...Layout
  • Then i kept adding different widgets on the Page Element Page. If I didn't like it I took it off. I endlessly rearranged all the sidebar widgets here.
Let me know if you have any questions...I will help if i can...HaPpY DiGgInG thru the widgets!

GOOD LUCK:>

5 comments:

Karoda said...

Love the cleanliness and bright calm look to your blog!

Beben Koben said...

keep spirit...
salom from beben si bloglang anu ganteng kalem tea \m/

judith lockhart said...

Wahoo! Nice new look!!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Oh Maggie, thanks so much for the tutorial! Now I've got to do mine too ... yours is a real inspiration.

Unknown said...

It looks good!