Monday, December 04, 2006

EDM Challenge 94??Just in the nick of time I got my


Christmas card done...I was in the flow...and i seem to be stuck doing grids...but they do make good Christmas cards dont they??? Lots of blocks to represent the symbols of Christmas...might have to do a religious one next....or one with the dogs and cats...of course wearing Santa Hats:>

I borrowed a trick of my grandmothers...I screwed up in one block so I replaced it ...glued another piece of paper over it...now it looks great:> sometime i will have to post the picture that she did this to...I defy you to find the place that she did it...I cant and i have the pastel...hmmm maybe with a magnifying glass???

Pigma Pen and watercolor...Winsor Newton and Daniel Smith....fun splattering...something else I seem to be doing alot lately...what a mess that makes...well off to bed...did not know it was this late...Merry Christmas!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a whole lot of holiday cheer, Maggie! Fun composition.

Anonymous said...

The grid was a nice idea - and the drawings have a Victorian quality to them. Nice work!

Lin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! LOVE THE GRID FORMAT FOR IT!

Teri said...

It is beautiful!! I love how you designed the layout--looks so festive with the red ribbon around everything. Love those grids :) The little art inside the grids is just perfect--reminds me of your quilts.

Anonymous said...

Margaret, this is a simply lovely card. You did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! This will make a stunning card.

Anonymous said...

GREAT Christmas card! I like the grid format!

Jim Bumgarner said...

A fun card filled with Christmas cheer. Can't get any better than that!

http://bmgarnersketches.blogspot.com

Jana Bouc said...

I love it! You've captured all the joy and sweetness of Christmas and it's beautifully drawn and painted too!

Anonymous said...

Great job Margaret!! love the card

Anonymous said...

Both are really lovely cards. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought to do a grid for a Christmas card, but it's a great idea. There are so many symbols. I like them both but the top one with religious icons are particularly nice. Good to do both, though, so you can be politically correct!