Thursday, August 02, 2007

the closet is DONEEEEE KERCHOOO

FINAL CUBES TO THE CEILING


OK so the closet is done and loaded with all the quilt fabric i could find in the house...emptied all the drawers...closets and other hidey holes....Loaded with as many shelves as i could get in there...metal cubes everywhere......the metal cubes are in a L shape in the closet with the old shelf from the sewing room on the left side..thinking i will replace it with metal cubes too..sooo much more space efficient...i joined the cubes in the corner leaving the sides open so i could use them...other wise it would be dead space...to be sure they were stable I joined them with some of DH's 1600 cable ties...i mean thats a life time supply isnt it???

OF COURSE I DONT Have a lifetime supply of anything do I??? and his cable ties dont take up the room my fabric does AND they can stay in that huge garage of ours....unlike the fabric...maybe the next project should be to enclose a part of the garage and make it in to a quilt studio...something about moving into that dark place though when the house is so airy and filled with light that keeps me where i am!

Would you believe i even have a few empty cubes...anywhere there is a basket...hmmm does this mean i can go buy fabric...I hear you all screaming at me NOOOO>>>>at least my friends are...you know no one told me about the care and feeding of a fabric collection...if you think its going to let you just put it on the shelf with the other fabric you thought wrong...it must be stacke


Two of the ribbons are on the closet wall

Shelves shelves and more shelves...wonder how to cover them all with plastic...those white baskets are some of my shopping baskets...cause i am shopping my own closet for a while...maybe the rest of my life:>


Taken from the top of the closet...

Yardage up to the ceiling...and i do mean yardage...NOT 1/2 yd or yards...i think i got that heap for backs...not sure what i was thinking...i know theres at least 8 yards of a lovely bright yellow in there...hmmm maybe curtains in the blue sewing room????
Left side of the closet from the top down...dots and more dots...i tried to figure out how to splice this picture in HP studio BUT it wouldnt let me import it...grrr.....
Greens and blues down to one shelf...
Toiles and stripes and a couple of rolls of batting...
Well i need to go sit out here and rest now dont you think???:>

5 comments:

Lin said...

HOLY MOLY, Maggie!!!! YOu could open a store!! GORGEOUS things .. and gracious what a job!

Mim said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your closet, I may get rid of a closet full of clothes and jam it with fabric!

dibujandoarte said...

Hi Maggie. It seems you haven't wasted just one minute of your vacations....

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I definitely think a tall wine cooler and the porch is in order. Good job and you win! More fabric than anybody I know. Could we ever have fun in there or what!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You've done a great job, sorting and organizing, and getting that fabric somewhere safe and coordinated! I do envy you that bit of organization!