Monday, September 04, 2006

EDM challenge 83 - draw water-#1

Water...easy to find around here....drew this from my cozy seat on the sofa...out the back window...you know its already changed its look in less than 15 minutes...the early morning haze is burning off. This is s a sketch of the Savannah River out our back windows...and the sycamore and some pampas grass...the sycamore has already turned a well hard to describe but an antique gold....it always does by labor day.

Oddly enough the water was dark on the far side of the river and a silvery white glistening on our side of the river. This week I am going to TRY to draw the river everyday in its changing colors....and maybe in different media?? This one is done with my prismacolor pencils....and I tried not to use black...I did use a very little on the tree trunk ....ENJOY!! and Happy Labor Day to you all!

8 comments:

Lin said...

GORGEMENTOUS!!! JUST LOVE THIS!! And to think you can see this from your WINDOW!!! WOWZA!

suzanne cabrera said...

This is really nice. Great idea to explore this same spot for a week. I bet you will get really different outcomes depending on the time of day.

Irene said...

Beautiful! How lucky you are to have a view like this everyday. Can't wait to see the rest.

Anonymous said...

What a beatiful location you are in, Maggie! To have a view like this every day is wonderful. I really like this river drawing, it's perfect for a lazy Labour Day weekend.

Michael Emerald said...

Hi. Looks good. I like the variety of linework. the trees in particular have excellent technique in the foliage. if I find a weak point it would be the water technique. I do indeed like the black in the tree trunk - rules or no rules. When they put colors everywhere it starts to look girly. I prefer your way.

Penny said...

I envy you this view too, How on earth do you get any work done when you have this to look at. I like what you have done, pencils are not the easiest to use as I have been finding out.

Jana Bouc said...

Wow! You can see this from your sofa! How fabulous. It's a lovely drawing/painting and makes me feel like I'm there (wish I was!). Nice modeling in the tree foliage (distant and foreground).

Teri said...

Wonderful realaxing view-gosh, how perfect!! You captured it just perfect.