Friday, July 18, 2008

post 998 - one more go at the cards

i repainted the cards one more time using what jeanne dobie calls transparent colors in her north light book making colors sing and i think they do ...what do you think????
lighthouses transparent colors


lighthouses nontransparent colors

sanddunes transparent colorssanddunes nontransparent colors


SOOO what do you think...which colors are better???? can YOU tell a difference...i know i can on the computer monitor..i love the transparent colors.....thank you Jeanne!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The transparent colors really work well in the sky - or maybe that means I see a distinct difference and prefer it. But I really like your subtle color choices in the actual sanddunes (brown with blue shadows) of the nontransparent colors - its tough to make a "controlled experiment" with art.

kazumiwannabe said...

It's hard to say... Both look beautiful. The transparent colors seem more intense, and the other give a softer, more subtle feeling... I like both for different reasons!

Donna Mulholland said...

Wow. That's a tough one. I think I prefer the transparent a smidgeon more .. just a smidgeon though. Lovely work!

Deb said...

I think both are beautiful, in slightly different ways.

Gillian Mowbray said...

I like them all so I'm no judge. Maybe the transparent colours are more vibrant but perhaps that's because I'm looking out for differences. You seem to have mastered both styles. x

Teri said...

Geez Maggie, they are all beautiful!!!

Love your new header also. Too long since I've been here but this dial-up (for the summer) makes me crazy!

Rita said...

I like them both, actually--the colords are wonderful. Too difficult to pick. Probably seeing them in person would be different. :)