Thursday, September 29, 2005

working over time


Okay lady is making progress...get to start the fun stuff soon...beading and embroidering...embellishments are moi...and of course Kim and I had to go shopping today for more beads...I managed to only spend a little...good for me...the silk squares her hair is made from are starting to look curly because of the way I sewed them down...did I say I love silk...and cheese cloth...also have some sequins from Ms. Kim to add to her dress....so she looks like shes coming out of the water....shes looking good I think if I do say so myself....

Have been working overtime on this lady...and shes not small...shes the size of a fat quarter right now...her face is done with oil pastels...her dress is made with hand painted cheesecloth, ripped velvet strips for sea weed, silk fabric for hair and bow...ummm what else..oh yeah...going to dye some ribbon brown to ruche on her dress...dont know if I like her hair...living with it while I finish the rest of her...needs more shading around the nose...lets see what else - beads what else would be on it..lotsa beads..oh yeah...thinking maybe strands of pearls or some of that fabulous cording Sofie Gelfi gave me...absolutely gorgeous stuff...going to have to dye it ...scarrryyy what if I mess it up?!

G'nite!!!

2 comments:

John said...

I like it! Nicely done.

Karoda said...

She is so thoughtful and reflective looking! This is your Mona Lisa!?