Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Magic take out boxes


I have been working on a take out box...the first one I made on the left was big enough to feed a whole family...calling it the family sized take out box...so I decided to make a tiny one with a pattern someone on the quiltart list sent me but I altered the pattern and made it tall...its about 4" tall with the top closed... It went much better than the big one...

The box is made out of a hand dyed shiva painted damask napkin...the small one is made out of the scraps from the big one. Hand embroidered with varigated hand dyed pearl cottons...

Words were sewn on without marking using stem stitch and what is the name of the other one...one stitch in front of the last one...not outline stitch?

still needs some beads and something fun to go on top...not sure what and of course a fabulous lining...

This is the king kong godzilla sized family take out box...the fabric is too cool to throw out but I am thinking this could be a trash can...Kim said it could be a gift box...its not done either...thinking a big purple velvet flower on top...

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

your boxes are really fun. but do you give them away or keep them for yourself? Think I'd have to vote for the latter after all that hard work.