Monday, June 05, 2006

An Amaryllis or two or three

This amaryllis has sat around in its pot for at least a couple of years because I didnt buy a new one this year at Christmas. Just lately I noticed it was starting to grow..it didnt grow as fast as they usually do...poor thing probably suffering from all sorts of traumas like NO water for a year....so I finished out the last half page and the inside of the back cover of the mole skine with these amaryllis drawings...colored with Primsacolor pencils and highlighted with gel pens... Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lin said...

FANTASTIC!!! Love the colors and looseness!!! And, errr, water the pool thing won't cha! LOL

Sue Seibert said...

Margaret, these are beautiful! What interesting advise on growing amaryllis! ;>)

Tami said...

Margret, these are beautiful! I love your tea sketch and your writings on it, too. Bigs and Charley look very lovely also, I have a tough time with animals. So I AM IMPRESSED!

Penny said...

I havent had time to look at your blog for a while, what fun, I love your big cat, your almost finished sketchbook and your finally finished with the amaryllis, they love to be kept dry that is probably why it flowered so well.Penny in South australia

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.