Saturday, November 10, 2007

So you thought i was sewing...


WRONG...BEEN knitting...taking a break from the endless sweater which i meant to blog BUT didnt...been knitting up these NORO varigated scarves...some will be presents some are hmm mine!!! I get to pick my fav right to keep???

The two on the left are made of Noro Kureyon (hand dyed wool) and the two on the right are from Silk Garden which is silk and wool...I LOVE the color of the two on the right best BUT there are more to come....the one on the left is good too but dont like that BRIGHT green...odd color...

OH about the yarn...it looks like it is hand spun...as if they take say an ounce of green and an ounce of brown and spin them together...where there is a color change you can see the two wrap around each other...strange...means it was dyed BEFORE it was spun...NOT after!

IN the narrow version it appears to be almost modular knitting but its the normal color change of the yarn....lovely stuff noro is...now if i just had some

5 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Yum ... Delicioso!
(Why do I always equate beautiful fibers with food???)

They're gorgeous, Maggie.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Maggie, the scarfs are marvelous! The wool just sounds and looks lucious, I'll have to look for some of it.
Do you have the pattern for the scarves, it is very neat.

juj said...

OOoo! I love the one on the left - the way those colors meld together... just beautiful. And those blues in the one in the middle! YUM!!

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

Never checked my emails on yahoo...ooops:(...and now when I did I found one from you from this August. I'm quite happy...cause these shawls are fairytale-like wonderful!!!

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

These shawls are fairytale-like wonderful!!!!