Tuesday, August 11, 2009

thoughts on a new day




I had been wondering why i wasnt making "art" when i would start making "art" not that the lone star is not art but a pieced quilt to me usually stays within the realm of a very fine craft...so in teaching friends how to make postcards i encountered art making on my own...just a few very random scraps...and thread that i just happened to have in my box full of pieces to make the small lemoyne stars...fell together into this small sunrise... a symbol of life to come, endeavours to be trie, prayers to float to heaven....embellished with glittery threads of dazzling color...ravely edges...rich textures....not completed just like our lives...a path to follow....whats over the next hill...a bright and shining rising sun offering promises .....something to add to and work on completion....a lovely bright star...the perfect finish for an evening of joyous laughter and sharing with good friends...thank you friends! My day needed you!

1 comment:

judith lockhart said...

What a pretty 'art quilt' you have made! It is calming! Very nice, and I like your bright and colorful leymoyne star also. Did you hand-piece that?