Monday, April 04, 2011

Dear me




It's been tooo long since I posted. I have been in a slump a dump:> then Saturday i realized that i had been taking BOTH allegra - TWENTY FOUR hour antihistamine AND benadryl and once in awhile an alkaseltzer plus...no wonder I had no energy...

But this weekend i managed to scratch a few items off my to do list!! Our quilt guild does birthday quilts for our bee ...and these are the blocks that i did for that...

The first one is for my dear friend Connie who loves all thing Moda and has been working on an Alma Adams house quilt for ah hem a few years; She and Rachel Watson have been having a challenge to see who can finish theirs first...so this is my take-as in I havent looked at the book in years or their blocks- on an Alma Adams house block for Connie...her favorite moda is a relative of the red in the house...and she gave me the strip another favorite of hers - beach moda that I used on bindings for another quilt last spring...

I started out to make a wonky pieced house but somehow it turned into a square cottage with fused applique...fun to make though i do NOT like to do buttonhole stitch...




And Miss Connie is ramrodding another birthday quilt for another dear friend Linda who is queen of the mini Sunbonnet Sue quilts...and I do mean mini..they are not as big as a piece of papter and all needle turned applique...gorgeous little works of art. Linda produces holiday versions of her tiny sunbonnet sue quilts searching everywhere for tiny halloween and Christmas buttons...and this is my version of her halloween sunbonnet sues:> Hers are much better of course...and its a cat because Linda is a BIG cat lover!



And last i knitted a baby hat for a new niece thats coming soon to Miss Catherine and Muhammed Hutasuhut...this hat was just FUN to make...thinking i should block the ruffle but its a baby sized sorting hat like in Harry Potter I think:>


And I had to see how the lovely Bella would look with this hat on her head...she was not happy...kept dumping it on the floor...finally i added a string so it would stay on her head long enough to take this pic:> and then she promptly dumped it on the floor again:>

1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

Very fun! I made a Halloween sunbonnet too...and a Moda rose trellis that should look great with your house! Great minds....