Wednesday, October 05, 2005

More lady & Happy Cat














This picture shows how I sharpened her eyes...they were looking a little foggy!!:> The oil pastels dry really well IFFFF I can just keep my fingers out of them and NOT Smear them before they are dry.... which is what happened to them in the other picture...I am sure I smeared them a little when I was quilting the face....this lady has gone together all backwards...kind of like New Orleans...

Friends are voting for more pearl beads in her clothes...I think I might like that...or crystal...look like flecks of water..>I did mean to do that but forgot in all the hurry to get her done...upstairs to quilt her border and bind her...

Well I quilted the ladys face and chest area yesterday...she was a little bubbly from all the little circles quilted in the "sky" or should I say storm clouds?? She was quilted with white YLI silk....the kind appliquers use...and I like the way it did not cover up the shading. Really awful looking picuter isnt it?? But funny thing as you can see from the first picture...it does not always show...so strange...depends on where the light comes from...this picture was taken in front of the fireplace that has three flood lights...and her eyes were still blurry looking...since fixed as you can see in the other picture....

HAPPY CAT
BUT FIRST...Tom has been sleeping in this basket on the kitchen table since when Friday?? I know he shouldnt be there but he loves it...its the leftover fabrics I had for the lady...he loves tight spaces and add in fabric its even better...guess I need to make him his own basket...not like the baskets are expensive...with an old towel he would be a happy cat!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could be my cat there. They look just alike and Peaches likes small boxes and baskets too.