Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Where have I been...well its a long story





Our guild quilt show was last week...so who had time to blog...we were getting ready...I think I sewed at least 5 bindings in the last week and a half....here are two of them. I also got SIX ribbons...will post the award winners later today or
tomorrow. The judges were enthralled with the my bindings. They wanted me to teach them how to do all the tiny piping...piece of cake....have this large box of spring tying string that I use to make the piping...add in a piping foot and you are good to go....


this quilt is also heavily quilted with all kinds of things...not that you can see them...a big blue heron, grass, trees, a kingfisher in the tree and ferns all around the edge.....


So why do I quilt like that...well it gets boring just doing stipple stitching all day doesnt it??? Leaves and bugs are alot more fun....

No comments: