Saturday, July 29, 2006

Making wearables or the $1000 vest class

I call this the $1000 vest class because thats what I spent on my first one between fabric, thread and OH my first Bernina....

Today I taught part II of the $1000 Vest/Jacket class.....we had a blast..last class we started laying out the appliques. This class we learned to do free motion quilting on them...and these are some of their vests and jackets...arent they doing a great job?? My ladies today were GREAT seamstresses..... Sharon having a good time....she loves to rearrange hers... The back and two fronts are made from stuff Judy had hanging around her sewing room...she has some terrific upholstery scraps...

This is Judys....she said she just threw the stuff on there...but isnt it looking gorgeous....all that upholstery fabric will get raggedy when she washes it....add a few beads...$1000 jacket at an upscale boutique!


This is Pats vest...shes going for the tropical look and I think she made it...she took to fmqing it like a duck takes to water...never a stray stitch.... these are actually the two sides of the front of the vest....she matched them up ....good job Pat....

And this is Sharon...her jungle jacket is going to be fabulous I think....shes a woman after my own heart....sews like mad and has a box full of appliques cut out...more is always better I think?! A little bird told me that Sharon had ripped hers apart several times between classes which is why shes pinning it together again....but its sewn down now so she cant rip it up...uhoh...i showed her how to speed unsew with a rotary cutter....SHARON DO NOT unsew AGAIN!!:>

1 comment:

Lin said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Do you ever do contract work?? Just wondering ....!