Monday, August 28, 2006

EDM Challenge 80 or is it 81


Street lights...My bedroom in Santa Clara was on the front of the house. The street light would shine thru the window making all kinds of scary shadows in the room. As a little girl of 4 or 5 I would lie awake and imagine all kinds of things that might get me in the shadows.....funny as I was drawing this I could still remember the street light streaming thru the window at nite and the way the curtains looked....I would sneak and open the hall door and my mother would make me shut it...scary stuff dark bedrooms lit with street lights.

5 comments:

Lin said...

SUPER SUPER JOB, MAGGIE!! Love the great work on this room!! FANTASTIC!

Laura McDowell said...

Nice, I love how you didn't do the literal "street light" but the feeling that it conveyed in you...Very interesting, and beautiful.

Linda T said...

Margaret, this is really nice, and the eyes of the monsters (!)made me chuckle. I really like how you captured the light.

SideShowMom said...

What a great interpretation! The long shadows are very evocative!

Alison said...

this is lovely - looks like a children's book illustration from the 60's or so