Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Planting plants all over the yard

that I bought at the great McCorkles semiannual plant sale Saturday...the hostas that I planted yesterday were only $2.19. When I went to Lowes they were asking $5.49 for one hosta...more than twice as much.

Of course I bought too many...yesterday I planted half of them(30+) and went thru 120 lb of manure and a 40lb bag of peat moss...we have really sandy soil so the digging was not too bad...This is a grid of what I planted and some of what still has to be plants...however they are todays project...well at least to start on them....all down our veryyyy long driveway....


I also bought a red maple tree to replace the one that the beaver ate years ago...these leaves are from the one that he chose not to eat...its really tall now...20' or so and just the most beautiful tree...soon it will be flaming red! Even my son who can be a little oblivious said we needed to get more of these beauties....

The crowds at the sale were huge and there were acres of plants....I would have killed for a ride in this golf cart Saturday...it was soo hot and hauling 60+ plants is like alot of work!:> Several football fields full of plants....
Almost done...off to drop off his plants in HIS pile...you make your own pile of plants and when you are finally done someone comes and counts them, giving you your bill to go to the BIG blue and white tent to pay ....

long lines to pay for them...but there were snacks and a tent for the sun burned hot tired buyers to sit under and eat their snacks that various organizations had for sale.



Anyone know where I can buy some astilbe???

5 comments:

Alison said...

That loose, wonky grid with the writing everywhere works beautifully

Sue Seibert said...

What a great day!! I LOVE the journal drawings!!

Hashi said...

Wow, this sale is quite an event. Love your grid ... and isn't it satisfying to get all those plants in the ground?

Lin said...

HOW MUCH FUN!! I LOVE the grid you did and mercy, colors changing already! That's quite a haul of plants, my friend!!! I've found astilbe at Lowe's .... PS -- I want to see your garden pix!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love your grid that would make a beautiful design for a quilt, embroidery or sampler. Christine