Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 16- Is it done yet?

Reminds me of that famous childhood travel question. "Are we there yet?" And it would be great if we were all in the car headed for Edisto, and the kids were in the back seat saying that endless refrain!! In the meantime I will just paint beachy paintings.


After the Storm

Late evening after a storm...the skies are gorgeous the water is dark and stormy.  Having worked on this off and on for a while yet I no longer know if it's done. What do you think? I am putting it on the easel and am going to stare at it awhile...maybe it will tell me!  


I know this ones not done yet but like where it's heading. That star fish is quite a challenge but the nice thing about painting shells...they don't have to be an exact science like a portrait!

 I have been trying to use quinacridones where I could on this one..they have such a nice glow.  I used the quinacridone sienna on the star fish and I HOPE the glow shows...I also mixed it with ultramarine to get the purples and browns on the big murex shell on the right...though its far from done I like it.  And of course scallop shell will have quinacridone magenta or rose on it...will make it just glow I HOPE!!! I have already used quinacridone coral on it.   I DO love Daniel Smith's quinacridones...delicious colors!

Both are large half sheets about 15x20.


No comments: