Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day TeN: Skyscapes

I have been on Instagram a lot lately and follow a British artist that paints skyscapes plein aire...all of a sudden it occurred to me that I should be painting them from plein aire and never have to leave home...after all I live in the land of huge skies. I dont even have to go outdoors to paint them...all I have to do is look out the triple sliding glass doors and there are huge skies out all of them.  An invitation to paint skies from life and not photos if ever there was one!



 This is what I painted out my back door.

I think the clouds got a little dark...and I could have painted more blue into the water but #1 is done, right??? But I do think I will add more blue to the river.
Watercolor in my moleskine.



This is the actual view out the back windows. I did edit a LITTLE!! No rails, no birdfeeders and NO pots!!


And here's where I sat by the windows and painted...nice and cool...no sweat involved.  Did I say I hate to sweat???

No comments: