Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 48 - Tom Cat

I seem to be doing everything by twos lately.



Tom 1

He got a little dark. The thing about watercolor is that even if you spent fourhours painting a tiny painting like this in your moleskine its easier to do another if its too dark.  So I painted him a second time. I do love the quilt part. If there is a quilt around Tom will be either under it or on it!!  Best quilt I have ever painted...maybe I should paint another cat, cut it out, and glue it on OVER the first cat?!


Tom 2

I like the second watercolor so much better. I didn't go too dark.  I started with a pale yellow/yellow ochre wash over the cat.  Then I added stripes of watery quinacridone sienna mixed with a little burnt umber.  The whites were darkened with cerulean/yellow ocher and cobalt / q. sienna.  I also used some Piemonite in the shadows and indigo.

No comments: