Tuesday, December 02, 2014

151 - Drawing at the Doctor's Office

My son went to
The doctor at the hideously early hour of 7:30 am but there was a great view from the doctors tenth floor office of Downtown and Midtown Atlanta. We were near Northside Hospital.










SKETCH #1

I did a two page spread TWICE. this was the second start. It's so easy to get lost in all those buildings. I started on the left side drawing in a line across the horizon.

Then I added the trees in the foreground. And of course the color at the end.

TIP: You cannot mask ink. Mask pulls off the ink on the page. Oops!! Have you ever tried to do a sky wash around unmasked buildings. A P A I N!!!

Colors: cerulean, cobalt, new gamboge, Quin red, Quin sienna, burnt umber, chrome green, green apatite, aureolin yellow










I almost left it just ink but I thought the foreground was boring. I had wanted to add words but I decided to experiment on sketch # 1 w color and words first. Glad I did.







Up close for your viewing pleasure SKETCH #1 left page.








Up close for your viewing pleasure SKETCH #1 left page.







SKETCH #2 has an old fashioned postcard look to it. I was trying to use the colors I saw in the early am.

TIP: Start in the center and draw out. Not o. The left like I did on this one. It's bigger than u think!!

Which is why I discarded this one.
I couldn't draw the whole skyline.






Up close for your viewing pleasure SKETCH # 2 left page.







Up close for your viewing pleasure SKETCH # 2 right page.


Thanks for looking!!







No comments: