Thursday, August 04, 2005

Clapping hands and in general be obnoxious















Okay so I got in the tenth anniversary retrospective show for Quilt Arts that will be held in Houston this fall...did you hear me give a whoop....I know my friends are ducking for cover over my patting myself on the back once again....or maybe they are used to it by now...

So I know you are just dieing to see pics of the quilt that was accepted...Tiger Tiger ... a part of the Black and White exhibit that Anne Copeland held a couple of years ago...He is appliqued and heavily thread painted...

Tiger Tiger now makes his home in California as a part of The Thomas Collection and rubs fur with the likes of Ruth McDowell quilts when he's home with Del Thomas...heady company even for a tiger!!!

IN case you are wondering his name is based on William Blake's poem Tiger Tiger Burning Bright in the forest of the night.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Congrats! Very well deserved honor -- Tiger is such a commanding, beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

What a LOVELY quilt! Congrats!

Unknown said...

well I should think so!! this is stunning....how impressive...Ginger