Monday, August 01, 2005

Deer swimming the river




I always tell my dh we live in a wild animal zoo...today the coolest thing happened. I was looking out the kitchen window while I made a cup of tea. I saw something wierd in the river...at first I thought it was ducks or geese. We get those all the time...but whatever it was it looked like it was swimming not gliding like birds will do. I started to get the binoculars but instead I grabbed the digital and a disk(I even had to reformat a disk FIRST....) and heres what I
took...pictures of two deer swimming across the river which is almost three hundred yards coming RIGHT at OUR yard.....and then they were in the yard...they would not move as long as I was on the backporch....finally they took off thru the neighbors back yard.....I know Carlos loved that!! Did I say he HATES deer in his yard?

4 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Hi Maggie ... beautiful pictures of beautiful animals. you are so lucky! I always think it's funny (weird)when people want to live in a beautiful natural environment, and then object to nature (deer in the yard). If I had access to deer in my yard, I would much rather see them than any flowers or plants they might eat. Thanks for sharing your pictures, and your excitement!

LoieJ said...

How great to not only see the deer but to get a picture. What river is this? I posted pictures of deer in our yard and the river by our house on my blog in July.
LOiS

Deb Lacativa said...

I still can't get over how delicate and how much smaller the whitetail are here in the south. In NY they are much larger and darker. Want a bet they were drowning their ticks?

lizzieb said...

don't flame me, but is it hunting season yet?