Sunday, February 08, 2009

So i have been painting again...Sunday afternoon equals watercolor day...I am thinking of throwing in the towel on WC...I am SOOO much better with either acrylics or fabric painting..thats painting with fabric...I did my sunflowers again...different piece of paper...started the same way as last weeks..bytw these were painted out of my poor little head...cant you tell...not one reference photo...should have had one....

paint all over with pink and yellow and orange...then hmmm bring the flowers into focus...so far this is where i am...this is last weeks sunflowers...I DO think it would have been easier in the two mediums i am more proficient in ...acrylic and fabric...maybe they will be NEXT sunday:>


Last nite i finished my noro Kureyon sweater(#92) a v neck...i think i love this color way...good thing...i still have 14 more skeins...next knitting a PULLOVER with it...I am keeping my fav and giving away the other one...

I also made a couple of bracelets this week. My friend Margaret and I went to Chocolatini and beading at the morris museum of art on TH nite...all these fab chocolate deserts and a chocolatini(I Like Pomengranate Cosmos better) and made a beaded bracelet...Like the rest of the country I am on an austerity budget after TOO many years of conspicuous consumption BUT I bought a fab bracelet made by the ladies teaching at us how to make a beaded bracelet...done with big clunky beads in red and lime...I love it so much I have worn it ALL the time since i got it on TH even at nite in bed....watch out ...its a lethal weapon.....First bracelet is the one made in the Chocolatini beading class- its millefioris with silver spacers; the second is my new pride and joy...last one is TOO long...going to shorten it in a minute....

and then i made a couple more...My SIL took off with the brown and green one and i am wearing the bottom one which is the pink and white jaspar one I think....A LITTLE expensive BUT fun quick stuff to do!!!!


This is our new pound puppy Amy..aka ALOT of Jack Russell...trying to behave...but looking sweet...shes one smart little dog...you may one day see her dancing on Youtube or on Stupid Pet tricks on dave letterman!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--your paintings are beautiful! and what a cute doggie, too.