Monday, August 04, 2014

Day 29 Only OnE More DaY

And I will have blogged daily for thirty days. A true miracle. Now vaguely thinking what if I could do it daily for a year!!?

The Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art is an Augusta institution offering art class for all ages. It's in a very old home in downtown Augusta called Ware's Folly because of the huge cost of building it. You can read more about the house here.


View from the Garden

I have often thought that the back and the garden of the Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art is just lovely - and not nearly as complicated as the front. So I painted the back!

I thought about using artistic license and removing the tree but the old pecan tree is there so I left it.

TIP:  Because this is a small watercolor...about 6x8" the architectural details were problematic...I went back in with a permanent black pen - Uniball Vision Needle Pen- to straighten and tidy them...and then I added Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to reestablish some of the whites and add more sparkly highlights.
Try it...you might like it!!

Next time I am downtown I will have to paint the front-challenging. And there's a fantastic FLOATING spiral staircase inside. Three or four stories of spiral staircase. On the National Historic Registry and a true thing if beauty!!





3 comments:

Cricket said...

As always...you did a great job. It is beautiful and you captured the details of this beautiful place.

Cricket said...

Beautifully done.

Charley said...

It is lovely, Margaret!