Saturday, June 02, 2007

a couple of late may posts

well i made it to day 25 and then...company for memorial day...my antique parents...my son came home from school to study for the bar...other than that NOT much going on here...so sketching went by the way side...i did finish two socks...does that count??!

ALso finished up the last week of school..its out ...hallelujah!!!! two months of freedom to lol in the pool, sew and paint and draw...funnnnn and do a little gardening?!

So i just did jazz this morning while she was snoozing on the back of a quilt...love that fabric on the back of this quilt...which is the side shes snoozing on.... i had fun playing with the shadows on this one...i dont know if you can see them..they are all brights like lime, turquoise, and yellow and then a lilac with a bit of blue violet to sharpen the eges of the shadows....fun stuff...felt like i was degas:>

I decided to experiment and use the stitch feature to get rid of the seam in the picture...now shes an even shorter fatter dog...lol...this is the last reiger painting ...they are going in the ground till fall in just a little while...had to wait till it got hot out to dig in the dirt...my bad....pen and ink on hmmm whatkind of wc paper...dunno right now...daniel smith...the pigma pen as bleeding for some reason or other...who knows why...i used salt on the background...liked that effect very much...and alot of quin pink...no I am NOT going to spell that word...but it did make a yummy purple...

7 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Beautiful work, Maggie! I really love the colors you've used - everything is so summery. And congratulations fordoing the challenge.

Jenny said...

Nice sketches! Socks do count (according to you and me, at least). Enjoy your holiday from school!

Joanne said...

I REALLY like this Maggie. Colors are yummy and the loose style is very appealing. Overall just a beautiful sketch.

Lin said...

NEAT JOB, MAGGIE! I love the looseness, too!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this entry is 2 more -- but I say you still owe us 4 -- for inspiration! And the duplicate of Jazz doesn't count. I love to see what you do, and wish for myself the same self-discipline to do at least 1 per day (oh, I have no scanner, so I'm off the hook on posting them!).

Alison said...

lovely one of Jazz - sort of a cross between Hockney and Mattisse

Anonymous said...

Love that one of Jazz! With the eye open just a bit. Great colors and detail in the quilt. Wonderful as always!