Saturday, September 08, 2007

A few odds and ends

SO I made a stupid sock creature...read on at the end...(YES would you believe she had the nerve to wait till the VERY end of the post to talk about me...I mean dogs and geese are more important than MOI??!)



My youngest Jack Russell Jazz tried to die on us this week...she had an acute case of pancreatitis...something in common with Pavarotti isnt it? She spent most of this week at the vets on ivs so not got alot done except playing nurse maid while i am home...then my son brought his young Pitt Bull over for weekend babysitting services....just what we needed Jazz and I ...a wild thing....shhhh shes sleeping right now...but like most terriers that changes instantaneously...she s a bundle o energy...

ANYWAY...my grandmother made this for my brother back in 54 or so when he was a baby...odd the bunnys are on a pink background...my quilt that she made for me was on a blue background...she hand painted both of them and then embellished them with embroidery..she was quite the painter and embroiderer...a friend of mine removed the back for me...thanks Gloria!! ANYWAY now i have to sew a back on it again so that i can give it to my brother who finally had twins at the ripe age of 51 or was it 52...and yes he and his wife have been married 26 years ...they just waited:> BYTW they are twin girls so pink is finally the right color...

OK I Know you are going WHY is she posting ANOTHER picture of her backporch...well first as usual its TOO hot out there to enjoy BUT if you look at the right corner...you will see the GEESE...the canada geese float down the river almost every morning looking for groceries...not so long ago half of these were babies.....




This was another group that was flying overhead....i tried to get a pic of all of them in their classic V but my camera will not record fast enough darn it!

I made this out of the last pair of hand dyed cotton socks that i have not worn in four or five years....No name yet...but was thinking of giving it to jazz for a toy...this took me about hmmmm two hours to make by hand...too lazy to go upstairs and use the sewing machine...I am thinking i will paint the lips so they will show up...isnt it a hoot...WELLL FINALLYYY SHE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT ME...DID I SAY ITS ABOUT TIME?! NOW HOW ABOUT A FRIEND OR TWO SO WE CAN PLAY WHILE SHE SLEEPS?! OR WOULD THOSE DRATTED JACK RUSSELLS TELL ON US??? I BET THEY WOULD!! My real dad lives here at stupidcreatures!!! Did i tell you i was really adopted? I really really am....

ANYONE have a good name?? was thinking of naming her after some of the kids at school...but not sure thats a good idea...someone might not see the charm in naming her after one of them??? Lashanae??? a real rascal of a first grader...so here she sits on the fireplace mantel....so she can be in charge of all the goings on...

No comments: