Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 132 - Double Page Spread

Been waiting forever for this new moleskine. Read terrible reviews about it. In thought perhaps they pulled it to put the original paper back in. NOBODY had one. Best paper ever? No but acceptable.
Here's what I painted. A WIP!



Falling Leaves

I love leaves that swirl and float thru the air and that's what I was trying to do with this watercolor. I have been sketching all week so I drew this one and then I painted it.  I tried to let the paint mingle on the page.  Think I should actually try it on a piece of kilimanjaro tomorrow...see if it looks better. 

I used mostly transparent colors.  Quin red, aurelin yellow, new gamboge, cobalt, piemonite quinacridone raw sienna.  The part that gave me the most trouble was the veins in the leaves.   I tried scratching, I tried a small 1 brush, then finally a liner brush which did the best.  I also used a white pastel pencil on it which I think I liked the best.  

Detail - Left Half

Detail Right Half

Jury is still out on that moleskine.  

Thanks for looking.  

No comments: