Friday, May 04, 2007

Okay so i already tried to post this once and i lost it...


I drew this one Hmm Was it May first of a little old lady eating by herself in what is an Augusta GA institution....the village deli in Daniel Village Shopping Center....i remember going here for Jewish rye bread when I was a kid...now it has been remodeled and enlarged ...half of it is decorated in Masters Golf TOurnament memorabilia..the side this lady is sitting on ...and half of it is decorated with some Augusta memorabilia but mostly airplane stuff because its by the air strip at Daniel Field...a small airport that is loaded up during masters week with private jets...i think there were 74 this year...yes someone counts them...who knew::>>>>>>

so here goes again...

Tom obliging posed for me taking over bad kitties job...a little rusty drawing cats with a pen...I kept thinking about what danny gregory says about you have to look at something when you draw...and color it...i forgot that toms face had a lot of white on it...I know chalk it up to tired from school??? COULDNT be a senior moment:>



this is the sketch that i am distressed about...it has bleed thru from the Village Deli page ...used my faber castells at first to color it...but then changed to WN paints...the FC were not giving enough color...and look at the mess they made of this page...which WAS one of my favs...thank goodness I scanned it!!!

2 comments:

Jana Bouc said...

What great sketches. I love the little old lady and the kitties. You did a great job with the cat sketches--not at all easy! I guess I'll never have to worry about being a little old lady--I'm too tall! But a big old lady, yep, in the not too distant future!

caseytoussaint said...

I love the kitties too! Mine always moves whenever I start to draw him.