Thursday, August 07, 2014

Day 32 - You thought I would quit?

Evidently I have more to say and more to paint !! I have been painting the clouds, the trees and the river for a while now.



Kayak Weather

Which is almost any day from April til November on our stretch of the Savannah. If it's sunny someone's going to be out there paddling a kayak.

I decided to paint it vertically in my moleskine and to add a kayaker because I was getting tired of just sky trees and water. I like the way it turned out.

The clouds grey is - you guessed it! Cerulean and yellow ochre. Got a little dark so I lightened it with a wedge of that fabulous Mr Cleab eraser!

Oh here's a TIP :
To make the kayaker stand out after I used that white gelt roll pen to make him  as bright as possible.
I did some negative painting of darker greens around him even though the water was really sparkly around him. He was disappearing into the sparkle so next time remember it's all about contrast!!! You have to make the background darker!!!
 Well that's if you want an object to pop!!


I also think it could use a crop. An inch or so off the top and bottom. That's just me. What do you think?!

Time to paint something else !!

1 comment:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I think your sky is fabulous, great looking clouds… and that yellow kayak looks just like my husband's. Nicely done all around.